Day 121: No More Treats!

I don't think there will be any more treats this month as the money is needed for something else much more important - keeping warm. I arrived back from our final carol playing, absolutely shrammed, to find a freezing cold house because the boiler has decided to stop working. The repair man can't come until Monday and I need to discuss with him about whether to repair the existing boiler or go for a new one. He thinks the fan has gone but that was replaced about two years ago and it wasn't cheap. Regardless of that decision, today I'll have to buy an electric heater to keep me warm until it's all sorted. I'm taxi service for Lauren this weekend so I'll buy one at Currys when I pick her up from work.

Comments

  1. What a bummer. I hope it's not as expensive as feared ... and thank goodness you bought the treats you did, while the sun shone (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Eileen, what an absolute pain. Quite the wrong time of year for that to happen. At least there are some good electric heaters around nowadays and I presume you have an immersion heater for the hot water.
    I'm hoping it's not too expensive to fix.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about treating yourself to an electric blanket as well (just as a fall-back option, of course!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts